Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The 80s

I am well aware that certain styles from the 80s are in fashion right now and I am all for creativity and self-expression. I work on a college campus, so I have the joy of seeing lots of creativity and self-expression, i.e. people dressed in 80s clothes. I have to remind myself that these people probably weren't dressing themselves in the 80s, so they don't know that they will probably look back at pictures of themselves and say, "What was I thinking". In the last couple of weeks on campus I have seen: a girl wearing a mesh tank top, luckily over a cotton tank top; a boy wearing red and black striped jodhpurs, ok those were never in style; a girl wearing those bike shorts with the lace on the bottom, is someone REALLY making those again; and a girl wearing a banana clip, again, is someone REALLY making those. I'm not trying to be judgmental. Wear what makes you happy. If, however, what you have chosen is completely ridiculous, well, that's your fault. Oh and by the way, I'm not falling for the 80s fashion. It didn't look good on me the first time and I would have to remove at least half of each thigh to fit into skinny jeans.

No comments: