Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've Almost Made it


Today is the last day of finals. I think my last paper is finished. I just have to listen to 4 presentations tonight and then take my last final and I'm finished until August. Nick and I close on our house tomorrow. The sellers still haven't found a house and we are letting them stay until next month. Then on Saturday morning Nick and I are off to the best beer festival in the world. Ok, there are probably better ones, like, I don't know, Oktoberfest, but anyway. This is the best beer festival that I have ever had the privilege of living near.
The picture is our view from the festival from last year. The festival takes place at an old plantation in the foothills of the Virginia Mountains. The town is an old Main St. town with antique stores and a candy shop and Nick and I found a decent hotel not far from the festival which allows dogs. Your ticket buys you a 6 oz. glass and 10 beer tickets and you go around to beer tents and stand in line to sample the more obscure beers made by your pretty normal beer makers. It's fun. Plus, the area is bucolic and peaceful. Last year, we met a very drunk, sunburned, shirt less guy who tried to convince Nick that I wouldn't mind if he wanted to check out the other ladies at the festival, he said it was good for guys to "shop around" and that I would understand. Then he told Nick that he would actually like to "shop around" with me. We tried to tell him we were on our anniversary trip, but the alcohol was affecting his hearing and he kept asking us for cigarettes. Wonder who we'll meet this year.

No comments: