Wednesday, August 29, 2007

OMG! There's Willie.

Last Friday, Nick and I got off of work early and headed down to Roanoke Rapids, NC to see Willie Nelson in concert. The venue, was nothing but a field, with a removable stage, but other than the heat it was fabulous. Willie absolutely blew me away and I wasn't the only one. The lady next to me, Joan, kept saying, "I just want to touch him." And we almost could have from our seats. The tickets said the show would start at 5:30, but Willie didn't roll in until about 7:30, so we had a lot of time to kill (drink) before the concert. The first thing that excited me was this.



That's right, all of us high rollers got our own special porta-potty section, not to be defiled by all of those regular lawn people. We had porta-sinks. I've never seen those before and neither had most of the people there apparently, there was a gentleman working at the concert that night whose sole purpose was to say, "the foot peddle, you turn on the water with the foot peddle."

The next exciting thing was free Koozies.

Then Merle Haggard came out.



The couple behind us were big Merle fans, but Joan and I were waiting for the best part.

Ohmigod! There's Willie.



There's Willie with his hand in the air.



I seriously, could have died after this concert and my life would have been complete. No one can do it like Willie can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great review! There is nothing like a Willie Nelson concert.

Linda
www.stillisstillmoving.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, I wish we could have met you on Friday. We were in Row G, and I'd never seen those portable sinks, either! LOL I completely understand your feelings. When I first met Willie, in 1989, I asked if I could give him a hug and afterwards I, honestly, said, "Now I can die"--right out loud! What a great day, that was. Do you belong to Willie's fan club? If not, I'd be glad to forward the info to you. Peace, "Willietattoos".

Julie said...

Hi Willietattoos, I wrote back to you on Linda's sight. I am a new fan club member and didn't realize that there was a pre-sale for tickets to the Roanoke Rapids show. I kicked myself for weeks, but our seats were just fine anyway.

*jcg said...

yay i found you again