Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Rare Olde Times

Melissa and I spent our first, ever Girls Night Out at Rare Olde Times, an Irish Pub not to far from our houses. Our girls night out was a success, but I think Nick was jealous and she completely forgot to tell her boyfriend. I hope he figured it out before I showed up to pick her up. The decor was exactly what I would expect from an Irish Pub and it was comfortable, but a little warm. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. They have live Irish music on Thursday nights and that was a real treat. Melissa and I were the youngest patrons there, except for a few children, until the band started. We decided to have dinner there and only one of us was dissapointed. Melissa ordered the Sheppard's Pie and loved it. I ordered the Irish Dip, which sounded delicious and would have been, if it had been made to the specifications on the menu. Unfortunately, they left off some ingredients on the sandwich and didn't give me any Au Jus dipping sauce, kind of the point of the dip. Oh well, we still had a good time.

No comments: