Friday, February 1, 2008

I saw this over on Vintage Journalizations and I thought it looked fun. So, I went straight home and tried it. My list came out almost perfectly. I've been carrying the list around in my appointment book until I had time to post it. I don't really have time now, but there is 10 minutes before my lunch is ready to pick up.

These were the rules:
1. Open your library. (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.

  • Opening Credits: Gordon's Message, Violent Femmes. This isn't a song, just an answering machine message that Gordon left telling the band that his cat locked him in the house. That is how my movie would start, with Spidey doing me in.
  • Waking Up: Flesh and Blood, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson
  • First Day at School: Oppression, Ben Harper. Fitting for all of us, I guess.
  • Falling in Love: The Wonder of You, Elvis Presley. Of course this is how my husband and I feel about each other. "You're always there to lend a hand in everything you do."
  • Fight Song: Day Tripper, The Beatles. Kristin had this one for First Day of School and quoted the same line, "Gotta good reason for taking the easy way out." I think it's fitting.
  • Breaking Up: Crazy, Willie Nelson. Yeah, you'd have to be crazy to break up with me.
  • Prom: Crazy, Gnarls Barkley. "Does that make me crazy?" Well, going to all 4 years worth was crazy.
  • Life: Minarets, DMB. Never heard it, it's my husband's, as much as I love a good violin, I have never liked Dave Matthew's Band. Sorry.
  • Mental Breakdown: Upside Down, Diana Ross and The Supremes. Yup.
  • Driving: Strawberry Fields, Beatles. "Strawberry fields forever" That would be nice.
  • Flashback: Viva Las Vegas, Shawn Colvin. Wow, that one is good. My grandparents retired in Las Vegas so they could golf year-round. This was my grandfather's favorite version of Viva Las Vegas. While he was dying he listened to it over and over again.
  • Getting Back Together: La Di Da Di, Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh.
  • Wedding: Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Kanye West. How ironic, we made sure not to buy blood diamonds. That was my one request.
  • Birth of A Child: Don't Get Mad, Get Even. Aerosmith. Ouch! Karma
  • Final Battle: Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin to F' wit, Wu-Tang Clan. You get the gist of the song.
  • Death Scene: My Name is Mud, Primus. "My name is mud, not to be confused with Billy, Jack, Pete, or Dennis. My name is Mud, it's always been." I couldn't have made this up if I tried.
  • Funeral Song: Two of A Kind, Garth Brooks. What a sad funeral song.
  • End Credits: I want to be Your Lady Baby, INOJ.

No comments: