Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The RV Show

So, Nick lived through another RV show. RV shows don't ever have the RVs that I like, tiny ones. So here are my favorites:

The Little Guy
The Little Guy tear drop trailer is my first love. It is small enough that I could probably pull it with my civic and we could park it in our carport. I love the outdoor kitchen space on the back. However, as Nick and I add more family members (don't get your hopes up, we're thinking of a second dog) this might not be the most practical. It only sleeps two, there is no bathroom, it would be hard to change clothes in and it might suck to be stuck in it during a rain storm, with your kitchen outside.

The Tada
I like this one because it is small and comes in cute colors. RVs can be pretty ugly and Tada made them a little cuter. Three drawbacks: Maybe not enough room for kids, a cassette toilet, and the interior is a bit cheesey.

The Tab
The Tab is made by the same people that make the Tada. It also comes in cute colors. It has a lot of floorplans to chose from, but no bathroom. It also doesn't really have room for kids, but would fit us plus 2 dogs.

Casita
Nick and I considered a Casita for a while. It does have a shower and would fit one extra person. We've just never been in one.

The Aliner
I like these. They fold down so they are easier to tow, but Nick and I went in some at the RV show and I don't think it will work. It doesn't have a bathroom and it's a little tight.

The Chalet
A lot like the Aliner.

Pop Up Campers
I love pop-ups. I saw some at the show that were huge, but I can't remember the brand. Pop-ups are easy to tow, they are light, they have bathrooms, they have space, but they also don't have hard walls. It would be nice to camp even when it's really hot or cold outside. I'm sure AC doesn't sound like camping to some folks, but I don't live in the mountains and you are a little closer to nature than you would be in a hotel. Whatever floats your boat right.

And finally, Nick and picked our RV at the show.
Airstream
These are just so stylish. It was the first RV we actually felt like being in. It was the only RV we sat in and talked about how cozy it was. These do come in small sizes, but we were thinking that room to grow might be nice. Also, these are very expensive, so we can't even consider buying it for the next 10 years and we probably can't park it in our carport.

No comments: