Friday, June 27, 2008

New House Update

Our floors look fabulous. We went with a water based sealer instead of oil for lower VOC's. They don't look like those hardwoods that you can ice skate on, but you can really see the wood grain which is pretty. We still need to have someone put in the shoe molding. The cable gets turned on today. Yay! We hope to unpack a lot this weekend. We are also going to get some new low-profile light fixtures so Nick can quit ducking and maybe buy some Daisywire to repair the fence. We really need to paint at some point. We wanted to paint before we moved in, but we still can't decide on colors. Our couch is currently blending into our den walls and we have a bathroom that is so orange you look jaundiced when you are in there. I noticed yesterday that even the ceiling is orange. We also noticed that we have a room of every color of the rainbow in our house.

We found out the other night that our microwave doesn't work. It makes all the lights and noises, but the food comes out cold. I wonder if it is cooking me? I'm thinking about replacing it with a stove hood and putting a microwave in the pantry or on my kitchen cart, but I'm not sure. Do I need a built in microwave? We don't use it that much, but that could change when we have kids.
This is the Sir enjoying the new 'hood and defying gravity. He is about 20 pounds and that ledge is tiny. I don't even know how he got up there.

No comments: