Friday, September 28, 2007

Sette

Last night, Nick and I went to The Edgar Allan Poe Museum for unhappy hour. It was the museum's attempt at attracting locals to the museum. They had a wine tasting and a band, as well as drinks for sale. The museum was interesting and I thought that visiting it at night with a glass of wine in hand added to the ambiance. Upstairs in one of the buildings is a hot, little, red room where you can watch a video of The Raven. Nick and I enjoyed that, but sadly had finished our wine by then and were getting very hungry. We jumped in Nick's car and drove a few blocks over to 23rd street to Sette for some fancy pizza. Someone in my office had been there for lunch and enjoyed it. The restaurant was cute, with brick walls and industrial inspired art work. We both started with a half size salad. I got the spinach salad with red peppers, mushrooms, sliced grilled chicken, Gorgonzola, candied pecans and honey-dijon dressing. The salad was huge, but the chicken was cold cuts and the dressing reminded me of the sandwiches my mom used to put in my lunch box. Nick ordered the Caesar salad and didn't realize that it was a grilled Caesar salad. Yes, they grilled the lettuce. He enjoyed it, but I thought it was gross. We split a Sicilian pizza for dinner, topped with Italian sausage, cappiciola, and salami and it was delicious. The toppings were generous and the crust was delicious, slightly sweet and crispy. We will have to check out the patio next time, it was really filling up by the time we left.

No comments: