Thursday, September 6, 2007

What's Going On?

Just A few things that are going on my life:
  • Nick and I had a delicious and easy dinner last night. I marinated a flank steak for 24 hours in Stubb's Beef Marinade. Then Nick broiled it for about 8 minutes on each side. When it was finished he sliced it against the grain, we threw it on some tortillas with sauteed peppers and onions and a little Seriously Sharp White Cheddar Cheese. I made a little Mexican Rice to go on the side. It made a very satisfying meal.
  • My sister has gone back to college and is living in her first, ever apartment. My mom says she is quite the homemaker. I am very proud of her, even if she doesn't seem to know her own address.
  • This weekend Nick and drove around Richmond to check out the locations of houses we had seen for sale online. We didn't see anything that blew us away. Bottom line, I don't think we can afford a house in the location we want, with the space we need, and the charm and character I want. Most of which the townhouse we are renting right now gives us. So we are back to debating whether or not we should buy a house again or continue renting until I finish grad school. It would be nice to not have to worry about yard work on the weekends when I have to study.
  • I have been organizing my desk and files today. This should make working a lot easier. I am very pleased with my work.

No comments: