Monday, June 11, 2007

Exercise

Nick got me back into running about 5 years ago. I would get off of work at Rosewood Market and drive over to Nick's place, reeking of health food, and go for a jog around his neighborhood. I would be yelling at him to stop and walking and faking injuries, anything to get him to let me go home. He would be running circles around me, literally. It was annoying and embarrassing. Then we moved in together and he stopped running and I kept going. I ran alone or with Daisy in Cedar Terrace, in Gregg Park, in Charlotte, in Dallas, and then in Richmond. Until, we came across some running buddies and amazingly, Nick was out from under his laptop and running again. We just recently discovered the gym at our apt. It is really nice and not too crowded. We have been going a lot and working out very hard. After all, I have to wear a bathing suit in 4 weeks and he has to wear one in 5 weeks. I am so proud of Nick and well me. I love the feeling of calm I get after I finish. Nick thinks I'm crazy when I say that. He feels drenched and sore. But it is so nice to do this together and support each other. We both keep asking each other, why didn't we start this sooner.

No comments: