Friday, June 29, 2007

Family Visit


The family visit was wonderful, though not long enough. We spent a whole day near Charlottesville visiting wineries. My Mom was a little tipsy halfway through the first one. The country out there is beautiful. We started out at Barboursville, where we sampled seventeen wines. No wonder Mom was tipsy. I enjoyed their Merlot, Reisling and Chardonnay. Then we went 2 miles down the road to Horton. Mom and I only sampled the fruit wines. It was something new for both of us. While sweet, the Blackberry and the Blueberry were very good. The Pear was also good, reminding us of most white wines. Her favorite was Strawberry. Then we had to sit outside to allow Mom some time to sober up.


I like this picture. I am the shorty of the family, but it makes me look taller than my sister and my mom.

Then we went to Keswick. Keswick was by far the favorite. Mom liked that they had bar stools and food pairings. We bought a bottle of Chardonnay for our picninc and a bottle of their Heritage Red for later. We had a fabulous picnic at the vineyard. Italian Sandwiches, pasta salad, and Bitter Orange Crostata. We had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the nap on the way home while Nick drove.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ME SOME JULIE

Julie said...

Thank you anonymous husband!