Friday, June 8, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

I'm going to Las Vegas next month to celebrate the last few weeks of singlehood of one of my oldest friends. It's going to be a blast, I'm sharing a room with my sister. Quality Vegas/Sister time. I'm very excited, but I'm also kind of nervous. It sounds like there will be some pool time and I haven't worn a bathing suit in 5 years. Not only is the bride-to-be beautiful, she happens to be a personal trainer. I don't want to wear a bathing suit in front of a personal trainer and I'm sure she has personal trainer friends. Also, my wardrobe is not the least bit Vegas friendly. Its a mix of Old Navy, J. Crew and Ann Taylor. So, I look like I'm going camping, going to the beach, or going to work. None of that works for Vegas. And lastly, I will miss Nick. Its hard to imagine a vacation without him, but I just keep reminding myself that I am still young and there probably aren't a lot of Vegas Bachelorette Parties in my future. Now, if I can just get through the next 4 weeks of Weight Watchers, extreme exercising and bathing suit shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to go to Vegas and I am so glad I get to enjoy it not only with our Megan, but with you. This time around, Im actually going to SPEND the money Im saving for the trip. After all, I am employed now, and it's only money. This is a once in a lifetime opertunity! Also, you have been beautiful to me my entire life. You aren't allowed to say such things about yourself. Your the Julie sister. The one whose everthing I'd idalized for 22 years. Your a gorgeous person, I love you..NOW LETS GO TO VEGAS BABY!!

Julie said...

I just hope by then that my thighs aren't in such a big fight for the limited space they have to learn to share.

Unknown said...

You know, Carolyn couldn't have said it better! We BOTH idolized you growing up. I have always thought you were beautiful, and nothing has changed one bit. In fact, I think you are more beautiful back then because you accept yourself more. That's more important than any working out or diet! Thanks for saying I was beautiful though, that made me feel nice. . . :)

Julie said...

I accept myself now. I am very confident. I just don't like walking around in clothes the size of undergarments. I prefer a nice a-line or some great jeans, much more flattering.