Monday, July 21, 2008

Good Times

So, my mom spent a week with me the week before last. I took the week off of work and I am glad I did. We got so much work done on the house. I need to take pictures. She got here on Monday, just in time to grab some tapas for dinner and go to my pottery class with me. We worked on coil pots instead of the wheel. As fun as the wheel looks, it's frustrating to never build anything. Mom was shocked at how hard the clay was to work with. My little sister is an Art Major and does a lot of pottery and mom kept saying that now she respected my sister's work a lot more. I kept joking that she would quit throwing it in the trash. Of course, we all love my sister's art work. I'm still waiting on my portrait of Daisy. Anyway, mom pruned one of my neighbor's trees that was hanging on my power lines, with permission, of course. She shortened our shower curtain, sewed 2 pillows and repaired a third. She made curtains for my shed and a coozie for my boss. She did my mending and my dishes, although I am surprised she didn't clean my kitty litter boxes. She usually does that. Also, I got to take her to Kuba Kuba for lunch and Maymont to walk around. We also spent hours at JoAnne's, Lowe's, and the grocery store. We made macaroni salad and it was delicious and we went out to dinner with my friend Cristina at Cous Cous. The three of us shared a caraffe of white sangria with peaches and strawberries in it. It was delicious and so much lighter than the red sangria. Nick, of course ordered a beer. Even if he'd wanted white sangria, he wouldn't drink it in public. It was a wonderful trip and the time flew by. We worked so hard that I would collapse into bed everynight at 10:30, exhausted. I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

Mrs. Exnicios said...

Is your mom available for hire? Because I move to the new condo the second week in August and I am sure there are some things I could use help with!