Monday, July 28, 2008

I was just telling Nick that since 1997, I haven't had a year as hard as 2008. I was trying to tell him that this year has been hard and trying, not awful like 1997, but now, due to some events I just can't talk about yet, 2008 has been, hard, trying, and awful. I am stuck in this strange limbo of depression due to the pain of losing so many loved ones and being utterly happy with my life and accomplishments. At least, Nick and I have each other through all of this and that is the best support we could hope for. We are looking forward to our upcoming vacation and we hope it is completely uneventful. I know this sounds weird, but I almost feel like the grinch after his heart has grown. I know I shouldn't worry so much about others, but I am so empathetic that I think it is starting to affect me. I need to quit shouldering everyone else's burdens, but I can't. I care. And I worry.

No comments: